Inside-Out Connections is a private counseling practice operated by Carrie A. McCray, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC). I see individuals and couples with a range of needs including depression, anxiety, relationship issues, life changes and more.
My area of training and special interest is Marriage & Family Therapy and I will most often approach clients' needs with a family-oriented focus. In addition, I have also been trained in Christian counseling and will bring a Biblical-oriented focus to counseling sessions with those who prefer this.
When counseling with a client, I like to focus on the client's strengths rather than weaknesses. Strengths can be built upon to help the client solve problems. My goal is not to make you a life-long client of mine, but to help you learn how to think through problems and come up with solutions on your own! Learning what your strengths are and what resources you have at your disposal will be among some of the goals of our counseling sessions.
- Bachelor's Degree: Mental Health & Human Services - University of Maine, Augusta, 2002
- Master's Degree: Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy - Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia, 2010
- As an LCPC, I am required to complete 55 continuing-education credits per year.
- Catholic Charities of Maine: Children's Behavioral Services/Children's Day Treatment Program
- Community Health & Counseling Services: School-based Counseling
- State of Maine: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) - License #CC4709 - Expiration and renewal date Oct. 31st, 2018