Sessions are 50 minutes long. Office hours are by appointment only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with the earliest appointment at 9:00 and the latest at 2:00. I do not have any late afternoon, evening, or weekend appointments. Please take this into consideration when thinking about whether we can work together.
I work with couples and individuals older than approximately 18. I am not working with children and younger teens at this time.
Fees: Counseling fees are due at the time of service. A 50-minute session is billed as 1 hour.
- 1 hour/individual = $70
- 1 hour/couple = $90
Payment methods accepted:
- Cash, checks
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover - this includes cards that access Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- If you have a co-pay it will be due at the time of service. Typical co-pays are $25.00 per session.
- Please be aware that if you use insurance to pay for your counseling sessions I must complete an assessment and report a diagnosis using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. This diagnosis will become part of your medical history file and I will be required to disclose certain information about your treatment to your insurance company.
- I am contracted to accept (in alphabetical order):
- Behavioral HealthCare Program (BHCP)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (only some policies)
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Partners - Maine Health employees
- Health Plans, Inc.
- MaineCare (but not Medicare)
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Maine General Medical Center - MGMC employees (EPBA/CBA)
- PacifiCare Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare - SOME United policies use UBH to cover counseling
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- US Family Health Plan at Martins Point
Counseling is Confidential
This following section is for use only if instructed by Carrie McCray to do so.