Consider this..."You will only make a change when the pain of staying the same exceeds the pain of undergoing change." ~Ed Foreman
So what do you say? Are you ready to walk through the doorway to change?
Reasons people seek counseling:
- In need of a supportive relationship
- Seeking insight into problems
- Looking for new ways to approach life's challenges
- Emotional distress - long-lasting and intense emotional pain that interferes with daily life, including sadness, anxiety, or anger
- Personal growth - the desire to reach your full potential, improve self-esteem, achieve goals
- Relationship issues - conflict, disruption or miscommunication as well as infidelity, blending families, or just the loss of that "spark"
- Loss/grief through death or break-up
A counselor can provide another point-of-view regarding your problem and help you find a new direction towards a solution. If you are willing to put some effort into the counseling process and put into practice what you learn about yourself, the rewards could be great!
Some of the benefits include:
- A better understanding of who you are and what you value
- Learning ways to make your relationships more satisfying
- Resolving the problems that caused you to seek help
- Learning new ways to cope with life stress
- Discovering how to manage your anger, grief, and depression
- Boosting self-confidence and improving self-esteem